How to Use Bruin Books
The integration of Bruin Books with Belmont's course registration process makes ordering your textbooks easier and more seamless than ever. Here's how it works:
- For those who have already registered for classes, look for an e-mail to your .pop account from BruinBooks@news.mbsdirect.com before the upcoming semester prompting you to log in and make your book selections. You must make your selection during the dates provided. If you have not made your selections, or opted-out during those dates, you will be auto-enrolled in the program, your books will ship to campus for pick-up, and the charge will be placed on your student account.
- [See note at bottom of list for students not registering for classes until after the dates have passed]
- Follow the link in the e-mail to the Bruin Books site and enter your BUID when prompted.
- The system will provide you with two options: to opt-in and see book options and pricing, or opt out of Bruin Books. It's your choice!
- If you opt out of Bruin Books, you must source your textbooks elsewhere prior to the beginning of classes.
- To view textbooks required for your classes, please click here.
- The system will then show you all textbook options—new, used, e-book or rental—for each of your courses. Select the options you want and add them to your cart.
- View your cart to make sure your order is correct and check out.
- Create an account when prompted. This will be your official Bruin Books account for your entire time at Belmont.
- Follow prompts to enter shipping address and complete your order.
- Sit back and wait because your books are coming straight to you—the right books for your class, on time, for a great price.
NOTE: Books will not be shipped automatically to students registering after the dates provided. You must log into the Bruin Books site to place an order for books once you have registered. Note: It can take up to 30 minutes after you register for your classes for the Bruin Books site to populate the added classes and load your books.